Here are a few tips on what to wear for your photo shoot
1. Pick rich, fun colors and forget about the the all white, all black, all khaki or all jeans. Embrace who you are and what your family looks in real life. The key word is complement each other, not match!
2. If your pictures are being taken in a grassy/wooded area do not wear green as the main color! Green as an accent color is ok.
3. Start picking one outfit that you really like. Usually mom should pick first. Something that makes her feel beautiful and comfortable, then pull colors out of that pattern for the rest of the family. When you do that, you get an amazing color palette of clothes while avoiding the dreaded ‘everyone in the same color’!
4. Layer, layer layer! Layers, patterns and textures are beautiful and create interesting images. In the summer? Layer your dress with a cute belt and pendant necklace. In the fall and winter? cardigans, belts, statement necklaces, scarves, hats, blazers, etc.
5. White tends to be too bright! and No Fluorescent. Fluorescent colors tend to cast colors on faces.
6. Purchase clothes to fit. For pictures, too large looks sloppy.
7. Remember to accessorize: Flowers, headbands, jewelry, hats. They are all welcome if you think that will complement your outfit and show who you really are.
8. And when all else fails…which sometimes it does…kick off your shoes and don a summer dress and frolic in a field. Because all too often, magic happens when we give in to simplicity!
You can also check my Pinterest board on some ideas of color coordination 🙂